During the wintertime, I often like to spend the icy spell of December quietly, hibernating in our hundred-year-old cottage for a few idyllic days of solitude, reimbursed with serenity and quietude.
We live in our ancestral home, hidden amid the cloistering spruce trees, whilst the freezing wintry days are spent cozily at the garret, knitting, embroidering and reading all the night long, vaguely, by bequeathing the stock of a year’s creative energy upon my favourite leisure activities.
Baking is one of my most
I often search birthday & homemade simple cake recipes with ingredients on hand, from different free recipe sites or apps with the recipes using ingredients I have at home, in my pantry, without bothering to drive all the way to the town for superfluous grocery visits.
This is one of the best Vanilla cake recipes and the snow globe cake taste is
- 2 1/4 cups of cake flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/4 cup of whole milk
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of Kisan oil, kept room temperature
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2.5 powdered sugar, sieved lightly to remove any type of lumps
- 1 lb. cream cheese, kept at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of Kisan oil
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
For the Filling and Decoration
- 2/3 cup raspberry extracts
- 1.5 cups of sweetened shredded or dried coconut
The Christmas Decorations
- Large glass bowl
- Red ribbon
- Tiny snowmen
The Baking Instructions
Pre-heat your oven to 350°F and grease the cake tin, one can also use 2 x 8″ or 9″ pans for baking.
The White Cake
- Take a medium sized baking bowl, sift together the cake flour, baking powder and salt and set aside the dry mixture of ingredients.
- Now, take a separate jug, combine the milk and egg whites and set them aside too.
- In the baking bowl of your stand mixer, add the wet ingredients, such as the Kisan oil, white sugar and cream together on medium speed for almost five minutes, until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Slow down the speed of the mixer and add 1/2 of the flour and ½ your milk mix. Mix the ingredients until they are all combined into the buttery mixture. Repeat the same process with the remaining flour and milk. Take care not to mix excessively as it would spoil the texture of the cake.
- Carefully pour the batter into your prepared tins of cake. Bake the cake for almost an hour or a little more, until the midpoint of the cake is quite firm and it looks a fine shade of golden brown.
- Place the cakes on the wire racks to cool properly. Once they cool, run a knife around the outside of the pan to release the cake and remove it from the pans. Allow to cool the cake at the room temperature.
The Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed beat ground sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Make a leveling of the cake and divide the layers in it, using a jagged knife. Spread raspberry and the frosting on the layers of the cake heavily.
- Now, target the crumb layer, creating a thin layer of frosting all around the cake to gather any moveable crumbs from hanging loosely! Chill the cake until the frosting is firm, for almost half an hour! Now, frost the cake again with the remaining cake coating. Smoothen the remaining cake coating over the cake with an offset spatula until it is an even texture is achieved.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the topmost layer of the cake and coat the sides by gently emptying the coconut between you’re the palms of your hand and the cake.
- Last, but not the least, move your cake to an elegantly textured serving platter prudently.
Decorating the Cake
To decorate the cake beautifully, festoon your favorite Christmas decorations on top layer of the cake and place a glass bowl over them to create the snow globe effect. I often add miniature imitations of snowmen and wooden logs, to give a very real effect.
For an extra touch of innovation and creativity, sprinkle some more coconut on top of the bowl and place a flamboyantly colored red bow over it! I always love to do it, as my daughter loves the prettily adorned decoration.
The cake is best used within two days only. However, if you still need to store it, refrigerate it properly, in an airtight container and cover it for up to two days, to restore its freshness, allowing plenty of time to bring it back to the room temperature before serving it to your family and friends! If you have a December birthday or a New Year’s Eve to celebrate serving the most delicious cakes, this is the perfect easy and quick cake recipe with few ingredients for you and for all beginners!
How to make a snow globe cake?
This is the healthy quick cake recipe from scratch for beginners and for all food lovers.
Also Read: Vanilla Bean Cake With Raspberry Sauce