The Mobvoi TicWatch Pro first launched one year ago with dual displays. Although it didn’t pioneer the idea (that was Casio), the premise is simple. There’s an AMOLED touch display which functions like any other Wear OS watch, but there’s also a transflective screen that shows you the time and step count while the display is off.
The Mobvoi TicWatch Pro 4G is a successor to the TicWatch Pro. Although the design is similar, there are several notable differences in features, hardware and connectivity. The main differences are double the RAM and 4G/LTE support. Is this difference enough to get you to consider one over the Galaxy Watch?
The TicWatch Pro still doesn’t offer sleep tracking, but Mobvoi promises it will come in a future update. Otherwise, it covers most activity tracking like total distance walked, total active time, heart rate monitoring, and step counts.
Mobvoi TicWatch Pro 4G LTE specs:
- Case: Polyamide & glass fiber, stainless steel bezel, aluminum back cover, matte black finish
- Display: Dual [AMOLED + FSTN LCD] 1.39″ displays; Gorilla Glass 3
- Battery: 415 mAh; magnetic four-pin charger
- Dimensions: 45.15mm x 52.8mm x 12.6mm
- Weight: 47.4g
- Strap: Interchangeable 22mm; silicone strap included
- OS: Wear OS with TicHealth and Essential Mode
- Chipset: Snapdragon Wear 2100
- Memory: 4GB ROM; 1GB RAM
- Connectivity: 4G/LTE FDD; Bluetooth v4.2 + LE; Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n; NFC
- Sensors: PPG heart rate sensor; accelerometer; gyroscope; e-compass; ambient light; off-body sensor; GPS + GLONASS + Beidou
- Misc: IP68 (suitable for swimming pool); MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Compatibility: Android and iOS
New Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro 4G LTE | Apple Watch and Samsung Gear Alternative!https://t.co/Kq9fnZRqzc— Digital Trends (@DigitalTrends) July 10, 2019
Smartwatches powered by Wear OS are not exactly flying off the shelves. The wearable operating system has had slow development over the last few years, and although Google has been updating the firmware more frequently in the last year, how much room for improvement is there?