What Is Alfredo Sauce?
Alfredo sauce has a very simple presentation and ingredients, and it is the creamy white sauce. The primary ingredients include heavy cream, butter, and parmesan cheese. Depending upon your taste, you can add garlic, onion, pepper or whatsoever in Alfredo sauce to enhance its deliciousness. I love to add garlic, salt, pepper, etc. Let’s move on to the ingredients and quantity required.
How to make Alfredo sauce:
You are tired of eating bottled Alfredo sauce which contains the bulk of preservatives? Why not take a shot to homemade Alfredo sauce recipe. This sauce is rich in taste, fill your mouth with garlic flavour, and it is a fantastic treat to have in dinner. If you are lazy tempered and thinking who would spend so much time and effort in making Alfredo Sauce recipe, don’t be daunted. It is easy to make and won’t kill your time more than 10 minutes, and this sauce worth it. Your favourite pasta will be a lot better with this sauce.
See more: 50 BUNDT PAN RECIPES
Alfredo sauce recipe is everyone’s favourite, and none can resist it once seen on the dining table. As I said, it won’t take more than 10 minutes to make this recipe batch. The ingredients are also easily available, cheap, and delicious. I am showing the exact way I create this sauce for myself. The recipe mentioned below is sufficient enough to fill 2 cups. However, if you are willing to cook Alfredo sauce to feed a whole crowd, you can double up the ingredients respectively. Stay tuned to learn mouthwatering and garlic enriched recipe.
- 3 oz. wt. butter
- 1 TBSP Garlic
- 2 TBSP All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup imported Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup imported Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- The very first step in making your Alfredo sauce is heat up butter and cream to warm temperatures in a saucepan over lighter heat. Let it get heat this same heat for the next 2-3 minutes. Make sure your stove heat is not boiling it.
- Now you add garlic and seasoning in the heated cream and butter and whisk for about one minute. It will allow garlic to cook in the pan. Make sure you are not burning garlic at all.
- The last step is to pour your parmesan cheese and stir ladder in the cream-cheese mixture and continue stirring until smooth Alfredo sauce is made.
The time required to prepare Alfred sauce recipe
- Preparation time for ingredients of this sauce is 5 minutes.
- Cooking time for the sauce is 5 minutes
- Total time required is 10 times
- Alfred sauce lies in the main course and its American cousin
See more: Summer Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
Note: I always recommend using the freshly grated parmesan cheese to cut from the block. It will ensure the sauce to be smooth. Don’t even try to use shaker type of cheese in this recipe; otherwise, taste can be ruined.
The thickener in Alfred sauce is parmesan cheese. Let this sauce stand for about 2-3 minutes before servings.
Ideas and presentations:
Quick and easy. I used margarine instead of butter and homogenized milk instead of heavy cream. I did not need to use any thickening agents-the consistency was just right. Just toss with fettuccine and serveNathan
You would not believe how incredible this sauce is! My husband and I made this sauce (served over fettuccine noodles) for my friend and her husband, as they just had their third child a few days ago and we figured they could use the break from cooking – they went nuts, they loved it so much! Even their two younger sons (3 and 2) loved this dish. It tastes IDENTICAL to the sauce that they serve at the Olive Garden. Another good tip is to add a can of drained mushrooms to the sauce – it tastes great. I’d give this 6 stars if I could – I will NEVER buy Alfredo sauce again! The next time I might use milk and a little cornstarch instead of the cream (as one previous reviewer suggested) and perhaps reduced-fat margarine to save on fat and calories. Be sure to use freshly shredded parmesan (available in bags in the dairy section), Kraft grated just doesn’t do it as well – and the shredded pram melts well. ENJOY this incredible dish! Thank you 🙂Steven