Haseena Parkar is a 2017 Indian biographical crime film directed by Apoorva Lakhia and produced by Nahid Khan. The film was initially named “Haseena: Queen Of Mumbai”. The principal signing of the film began in February 2016 and the shooting started on 11 October 2016. The film is based on Dawood Ibrahim’s sister Haseena Parkar. The film marks Shraddha Kapoor’s first female protagonist venture as she is essaying the title role. Kapoor’s brother, Siddhanth Kapoor portrays the role of Dawood Ibrahim, and Ankur Bhatia plays the role of Haseena’s husband.
Haseena Parkar (Shraddha Kapoor) lives with her close to dozen siblings in a small house in central Mumbai. She is shown to be particularly close to one of her brothers, Dawood Ibrahim (Siddhanth Kapoor), who as he grows up turns to crime.
Haseena gets married to the kindhearted Ibrahim Parkar (Ankur Bhatia) but finds herself compelled to bear the brunt of her brother’s actions. As her brother turns big in the underworld scene, his enemies also increase manifold. One of the enemies eliminates Ibrahim Parkar as revenge. On the other hand, the 1993 serial bomb blasts in Mumbai send shock waves everywhere. Dawood emerges as one of the key conspirators in this ghastly crime. As he escapes to Dubai, once again it is Haseena who falls into trouble.
Haseena realises that she can no longer be a victim. She hits back and emerges as Aapa (older sister) in Mumbai’s male-dominated underworld. Haseena faces 88 cases of extortion in which she is named as part of her brother’s infamous D-Company. She maintains her innocence and relates the story of how she was merely a nervous new bride who was forced to turn into the Godmother of Nagpada. As the defence lawyer Saabir (Sunil Upadhyay) and Public Prosecutor Roshni Satam (Priyanka Setia) continue to argue the case, the judge emerges as sympathetic towards the life and story of Haseena Parkar.
- Shraddha Kapoor as Haseena Parkar
- Siddhanth Kapoor as Dawood Ibrahim
- Feroz Ali Khan as Ghulam Memon
- Samar Jai Singh as Inspector Ranbir Likha
- Rajesh Tailang as Advocate Shyam Keswani
- Daya Shankar Pandey as Police Inspector
- Vikram Chadha as Samad Khan
- Ankur Bhatia as Ibrahim Parkar, Haseena’s husband
- Sunil Upadhyay as Judge Saabir
- Priyanka Setia as Public Prosecutor Roshni Satam
- Charanpreet Singh as David Pardesi
- Uttam Haldar as Dawood’s friend
- Ashmita Kaur Bakshi as Khushiyaan
- Paras Priyadarshan as Danish Parkar
- Sarah Anjuli in item number “Piya Aa”