- They can appear on your face, on your legs, arms, shoulders, hands: anywhere on your body, really.
- The spots aren’t dangerous, although it is important to keep an eye on them. Consult your GP.
As you’re getting older, your appearance starts to change. You get wrinkles, gravity starts to take its toll on certain parts of your body, and dark spots appear on your skin. Those spots are called age spots, or liver spots.
They can appear on your face, on your legs, arms, shoulders, hands: anywhere on your body, really.
This is common affliction in which an overproduction of melanin (a natural pigment inside the skin) causes dark spots and an uneven complexion.
Read More: Worst Foods With Prediabetes
The spots aren’t dangerous, although it is important to keep an eye on them. Consult your GP when:
- Some spots are getting darker than others
- A dark circle appears around one (or more) of the spots
- They keep growing or start to get a reddish color
Did you know you can use a simple household product to combat these liver spots? You’ve probably already got the two ingredients in your pantry: an onion and apple cider vinegar.
It has been proven that the juice of an onion helps with reducing your scars. Then there is apple cider vinegar, which helps with removing dead layers of skin.
With these two healing ingredients you can get your skin back to looking fresh very easily! Blend an onion to a pulp. Put the pulp in a cotton cloth or a sieve, and push the juice out of it.
Mix together the juice of the onion with apple cider vinegar and apply it to the dark spots. Repeat this on a daily basis for a couple of weeks and you’ll notice the spots will start to get lighter!