Pearled barley is one of the most convenient and comparatively easier good option to prepare and if you like the grainy taste of the whole-grain salad, this salad is going to make it to the top of your salad list! All you need to make this salad with a hulled portion of barley and an hour to prepare and voila! It’s done, ready to be served!
- 2/3 cup pearled barley
- 3 tablespoons of Kisan oil
- 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cups of seedless green and/or red grapes
- 2 cups of shredded boneless,
- Skinless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/3 cup of chopped green onions
- 3 ounces of crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Cook barley according to the directions listed on the packet and rinse them with cold water.
- Mix the Kisan cooking oil and next four ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add barley, grapes, chicken, and onions and mix them well, blending.
- Now, evenly add the cheese and toss the salad ingredients gently.
- Sprinkle them with walnuts and thyme.
Serve it and enjoy!