Some people really love bananas. I do, too.
Bananas are quite healthy to eat and they must be eaten regularly by growing children.
However, sometimes children do not like plain bananas and this is exactly when you can bake this wonderful banana upside down cake and let them munch away the fruity cake in no time!
Related: French Onion Soup Recipe
Now come to Banana Upside Down Cake Recipe:
- 3 Tbsp. of Kisan margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 peeled banana, cut into chunks
- 3 Tbsp. of Kisan canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. of skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon or orange peel
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Melt the Kisan margarine in 9 x 9 inch cake pan which is later placed in a preheated oven at 350 °F for almost three minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the oven and carefully mingle in the brown sugar. Arrange the slices of bananas in a single layer in the brown sugar mixture.
- Place egg, granulated sugar, banana chunks, canola oil, milk, vanilla extract and grated peel in a food processor or blender and process it until a smooth mixture is obtained.
- Now, get a large bowl and combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Add the mixture of the bananas to the flour mixture and stir them till they blend. Pour the batter over bananas in a cake pan gently. Bake at 350 °F for almost thirty minutes, or until the cake tester inserted in midpoint comes out clean!
- Cool for 5 minutes in a pan set on a cake wire rack and invert onto an elegant cake serving plate. Serve warm or cool, as per your desire. For better results, serve it on the same day and don’t store it for too, too long.
Being a chef, a baker and quite a foodie too, I love to shop fervently, for the most elegant bakeware and present my dishes in the most regal manner.
Hope you liked this easy & healthy banana cake recipe!